Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Smartest horse in town

I had a great lesson today. I used the dressage saddle with my toe stoppers. It makes me feel closer to T somehow, and the toe-stoppers make me able to push my heels down. They don't stay down, but …The only bad thing about the dressage saddle is I lean on T's neck so my arms get tired. I tried to stop leaning, but it was awful hard. I will keep trying, though.

Anyway, I did about 4.5 runs of my test. Yes, 4.5. on my fifth run I flopped on to T's neck and we decided to stop. Two of the big circles were good and two others were passable. Two serpentines were good, too. Three halts – the one bad one was because T stopped a little early. She is memorizing the test, too. That is so cool!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know how much I love when you write..."I had a 'great' lesson today."? It gives me one of those warm fuzzys.

xo
ejd

Unknown said...

Hey Matt! YES, you're working on your pattern! That must mean a show is in your near future! Hooray! Remember last June at Morven Park?! I have great photos of you, and a cute one of Caitlin with Louie....

Love, Kate

Matt said...

Dude, dressage is girly enough without you mentioning warm fuzzys.

Thanks,Kate. Yeah, there wll be a show.