Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Practice makes perfect, but waiting's good, too

Dada got lost on the way to lesson today. She called so we knew she was late; Mom even sort of gave her directions. I am useless on directions. What I did do was wait. Turns out that was just what the doctor ordered. I had a really good lesson.

I don't know if it was because I was relaxed or really ready to ride, but T and I did some nice work. It definitely helped to have all the right gear at the same time. I rode a Western saddle with regular stirrups but we had rubber bands. We also had two reins extenders. It felt good.

I think I am ready for the show May 18. I am still not sure when I am riding because we entered late. We actually may just ride to ride and be non-compete.

All this kind of made more rotten the news from the American Morgan Horse Institute earlier this week that I didn't get its scholarship. I was annoyed at myself until I saw the essay question I scored real low on: “List your competitive dressage accomplishments on a Morgan(s).” I don't have many ... yet. Not my fault.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great in that picture, Matty. Beautiful day, beautiful horse, beautiful brother.
Judy

Matt said...

I owe it all to my photographer, Mom. (Dada and T, too)