Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Energize me, Mr. Louie

I hadn't ridden during the week after work in a long time, and I was worried because I was exhausted when I left work. I needn't have worried. The weariness fell away as I got to Spirit Field.
From the start, it was a good lesson. I finally met Whitney, one of the people who helped me get out to Colorado for my first real competition. She is as wonderful as I had heard and had assumed.

This was also the first lesson I got my right leg over Louie without much help or struggling. Then away we went.

I did the serpentines pretty well and the other parts of the test were good. The figure 8 was a problem. I had been doing the circles too small before and I need more practice on the bigger circles. That's one of the reasons I am riding twice a week.

The other reason is that I feel something just clicked in me the past few weeks, and I am so eager to ride. I know the nurturing environment at Spirit is a big part. The strap that lets me holds on to something helps, too. Maybe the protective vest? I don't really know and I guess it doesn't matter why. I'll just enjoy it as it comes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big Brother,

We can't wait to see you ride again in person at Morven Park. Hooray for Uncle Matt! Bask in that good feeling.

ejd