Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Just get back on the horse

So it finally happened. The ride today was just OK.

It wasn't a bad ride. I didn't fall or anything, just not as good as riding has been.

I was doing a freestyle test that required two figure 8's back to back. We cut it down to just one, though, and it went better.

I was also riding without ankle braces for the first time in ages. I am not supposed to use them in competitions, and I think it will be fine. But it felt a little odd. It was hard to use my legs to motivate Louie to walk.

I am going to start using the Australian saddle. Dada says the dressage saddle tilts me too much to the right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Matt,

You can't be a superstar everyday. People would start to be jealous.

xxoo

ejd

Lynne said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, Matt. You will do great. I have no doubts about it. Thanks for keeping this blog going. See you in June.

Matt said...

It just wasn't as great as it had been is all. I am not at all depressed by that.