Tuesday, July 08, 2008

High energy

I think I got a taste of what Dada saw in T at her first dressage show that made Dada a little nervous. But it didn't leave me feeling worried, just awesome.

There was some show going on, with lots of horses and people and jumping and galloping. Ohh, I wish I could do that. It looked so fun.

T responded to the energy in the air by walking faster than Dada could keep up. Part of it was my reins were too loose so she had no one holding her back. Boy, it felt neat. Even when we tightened the reins, she was still walking fast and in a good rhythm. We wore poor Dada out.

We rode circles, reverses, leg yielding, all pretty well.

Everyone was saying how great T and I work together, but let me tell you: I was just along for the ride.

And I do enjoy riding even though almost all the pictures show me with a horrid gnashing of teeth. Just concentrating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your 9 yr old niece was bragging about your leg yielding to a friend the other day. go Matt.
jtg

Lynne said...

"Ride um cowboy"!!! Glad your having fun, and yes, when I come up we will get together.

Matt said...

She is one of the few to see the leg yielding.

Great, Lynne.