Saturday, September 29, 2007

Watch where you're going

It sure doesn't sound that hard, but I still don't remember to look where I am going.

And it kills me!

Especially when it works so well. I was just trying to turns on the center line and ride all the way down it. The first time I was about two meters to the right, or something just as bad. Dada pointed out I was not watching where I am going. Next time I did watch where I was going, and it was perfect.

Actually, Dada said I was looking at my hands. I wasn't really. I think I need a dressage test because it was just that my mind was wandering. It's not that I am that good that I get bored on T, just that I forget to look ahead.

But it works so well. It is so cool how the horse seems to read your mind, so if you are looking ahead and riding in your head, the horse does it. Amazing!

I still need to work on my ankles, though. ankles. The right one was fine; the left one not so much. It twisted as I was getting on T, and I kept getting twinges throughout the ride.

Dada is thinking a brace might be the answer. I am not totally on-board with that idea. It seems a brace will keep my ankle from getting stronger. I want it to get strong enough without a brace, but if that is a hopeless dream, a brace would work.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Yup, it's wierd how horses just know. I just hope looking at the floor doesn't have the same effect!

Matt said...

Yup, as long as my odd stares don't tell T to stop, drop and roll!