Sunday, September 16, 2007

Jumping for joy

I'm not wobbling left or right anymore. The issue now is leaning too far forward. That and putting painful pressure on my ankles.

But I had a great lesson.

We solved the orientation problem by putting up dressage letters. It is not the right size for a dressage ring, but Dada was able to say: Turn right at the A, and I could.

We also went over a jump. Of course, it was just lying on the ground so I could have ridden my wheelchair over it, but it was my first jump. Next up: the steeplechase.

My ankles are a new problem. They normally tilt down, but the way I was sitting, my heels were down. So my ankles were just so sore at the end of the ride. I was trying to make a turn and just twinge of pain shot up my ankle and messed up the turn. I am OK for most of the ride, just the end was bad.

More photos are here.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Now I'm going to have to stop being such a wuss and start jumping too!

Matt said...

I think it would be pretty cool to go over a real jump, not just have T step over something. We'll see.

Unknown said...

Hi, Matt! Saturday was an amazing lesson (maybe not to your ankles..), but each week, a tweak here, a tweak there, and voila, almost perfect in every respect! Yeah, I agree about the letters -- even with the letters I can get mixed up!

Here's to more "jumping"!! Kate