Sunday, June 10, 2007

Pink?

Yesterday, I was thinking about making dressage more manly. Apparently, it is not by coming in fifth, which I did today. You get a pink ribbon. At least my 4-year-old niece liked it.

I was disappointed in my ride today, even though everyone said it was good. My mom said she thought it was better than the one on Saturday. But I was frustrated.

I was supposed to ride at 3:03, but after I was on Louie they told Dada I was not riding until 3:15. I don't know what happened. I rode third like I was scheduled. But everything got pushed back.

The upshot was I was sitting on Louie way too long. I was tired. Louie was probably bored if not tired. I don't think our heads were in the game.

This was a freestyle ride, which is set to music. We finally rode in and waited at the midpoint for the music to start. And waited. And waited. It is hard to keep a horse still for so long, but we did pretty well.

Finally, it started but I was disappointed with my first figure 8. I kept trying to urge Louie on, but it was tough for both of us.

This judge was pretty sparse in her comments, too, just saying I needed energy.

Oh well. It was great fun, and several friends came out to watch. I can't wait to start practicing again to improve.

2 comments:

Dada said...

It is true, Matt you sit better than ever, and next time we will keep all your energy for the performance...at least, I like that frustration made you motivated to practice more...looking forward to see you :) again

Lynne said...

I like pink too! I'm glad you got the opportunity to show this weekend. Sorry that you and Louie had to wait. What matters is that you are in the game. I can't tell you how good you and Louie look. That horse has really changed since I last saw him. I have another chance to watch you show in September! Keep up with your riding, Matt. I'll see you some time this summer. Take care.