Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I guess I'm ready

It was a crazy lesson today that left me a little unsure I am ready for the weekend.

First, I told Kate to make the wrong stirrup lower so I was off-balance during my whole first ride.

Then I thought Dada said I could not do a figure eight for my 10-meter circles, so I did not do the figure eight, but tried to do something else. and so on. Plus, by the end of the lesson I was so tired I could hardly move move my legs.

Dada said she had been hoping for a lesson like this -- to get all the bad things out of the way before the competition. Hopefully, I did that.

I certainly won't be getting cocky.

This was my last lesson before the show. It was also my last lesson at Spirit Field. Spirit is moving to a better facility in Middleburg. I am not going to think about that until later. Now, though, I am riding my tests in my mind.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be the figure eight.
xxoo
JTG

P.S. See Izaac Perlman's own cavalcade of inaccessibility in today's Style section.

Unknown said...

Yeah, Matt -- yesterday was sort of a comedy of errors (no haha's though!! How about Dada and me arguing about what a 2 hole adjustment in the stirrup should be....), and then there was the music problem, flies, your mismatched half chaps -- hmmm, let's see what else! Yup Dada was right, all the kinks are out now -- except those crazy mismatched stirrups! oh, and BTW -- you will shine this weekend!! Kate

Lynne said...

Good luck in your competition tomorrow and Sunday. I'm so sorry that I won't be able to make it. My son is here in Georgia visiting me. My thoughts will be with you and I will be watching your blog, to see how things went and to see pictures. Most of all please have fun and enjoy your accomplishments. You will be in good hands with Dada and Kate. I will be back in VA this summer so I will see you when I come. Yes, you will shine this weekend. I totally agree with Kate!

Anonymous said...

Go to be dreaming your test. You'll be fantastic!!!!! Best of luck and I'm sorry I won't be able to make it to Leesburg.
More than anything, remember this: You've worked really hard to get to this point, so enjoy it no matter what!

~ Melissa

Anonymous said...

Matt, Ride well. We will be thinking of you from Toano.

Barry

Matt said...

Thanks, everyone. On our walk tonight I did my dressasge test in my wheelchair in an empty parking lot. I am sure my dog Claren thinks I am crazy. But it will be fun tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Matt
You will be great. You already ARE great. Love from Boston.
mtc