Saturday, March 10, 2007

Ridin' high

OK, maybe not what Bob Marley meant, but I had a great time.

It felt like forever since I had ridden, but I soon forgot that because it was so beautiful out today. Louie was wonderful so was everyone at Spirit Field.

I was a little worried when I got on Louie because my right hip stiffened up, but it felt good soon after.

Most of the lesson we just threaded through cones. Dada said it's a great way to get back into dressage and it was pretty muddy in the ring anyway.

I was trying to use my legs and weight to get Louie turning. Dada noticed, and both she and Kate said I looked really good.

I kept feeling like I might pitch forward, but I didn't, not even when we trotted. Louie has such an eager stride anyway, it seems easy to get him trotting. My head bounces around like crazy but it is so fun.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

So glad you got to ride yesterday, Matt, and that it was a beautiful day. I look forward to seeing you next Saturday at Spirit!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to ride too! I rode yesterday also, but in a snow storm. Enjoy your weather!

Matt said...

Thanks, Lynne, that'll be great and I hope spring comes to the Pony Tail Club soon.