Monday, October 30, 2006

Just fun

I rode Finn today. I have liked Finn's looks since I first came to Lift Me Up. He is a Norwegian Fjord pony, and Lift Me Up had to promise to groom him like a Norweigian Fjord pony. His mane looks a mohawk and he has stripes below his knees, almost like a zebra.

It was a fun ride. We went on a trail ride, which means I get help staying in the saddle. It was so nice out today; the ride was real pleasant.

Unfortunately, I am not sure how much longer these fun rides will interest me. At the start, all I wanted to do was ride, but Dada and everyone showed me I could do so much more. Now, it seems I am taking a step back.

I don't know if Charm is gone from Lift Me Up yet, but I am sure she is gone from my riding life. Bella is still lame, and it sounds like they aren't sure when or if she'll be back. So most of the horses there, I think, aren't that well-suited to me.

I am not going to quit, but hopefully it will grow more challenging.

No comments: