Monday, September 25, 2006

A little catch-up

I went to the Middleburg Classic Saturday night to make a presentation for CCI. It's a big hunter horse show, and after watching one round I wish I could ride like that. They cantor and jump and look so good. I even got to plug Lift Me Up and my riding. During the presentation on CCI, I just mentioned that I ride at Lift Me Up. No one offered me millions, though. Yet.

Also, I got a mention in the magazine of the North American Riding for the Handicapped Association. Actually it was a picture, from the riding in Colorado Springs.

Finally, I got a fan letter. Really. From friends of Dada, but still. It reads in part:

Have fun at the games. Take time to enjoy. Know that we all care and support you. Win your events if can, but win a fun foreign time also. Life is too short to go without some enjoyment. Loosen your rein just a little, but never loose control.

Sure, you are an athlete! We all are athletes, because God made us that way. Some of us display our talents in a different style than others, and some must compete only against their own records of time, distance, manner, or whatever.

Don't be caught being nervous about the competition, and don't get caught back home failing to thank those who have helped you to progress.


I am not sure what games they mean, but pretty cool, huh?

No comments: