Monday, September 18, 2006

Best ... Lesson ... Ever

It was, according to Dada. It got off to a bit of a rocky start, though.

Dada decided to put me on Charm today. Apparently, Charm's popularity at Lift Me Up has faded a bit. Dada said she is fine with riders but not with side walkers. She bites them.

So instead of Kate holding the horse while Dad and Dada help me on, today Dada held the horse while Kate and Dad helped me on. It was just a little awkward. After I got on, Charm was great, well except for when she jerked her head a couple times. Dada asked me after one of them if I was scared. I wasn't. I was really pretty excited and proud that I could ride as horse like Charm.

And she is such fun to ride. I have to watch her all the time because when Charm hits a straightaway, she is ready to go. She really picks up her pace, and I have to slow her down. It is almost the exact opposite of Bella. With her, I am always encouraging her to get along.

I actually rode well enough that some of my circles were really circular. I am still having a bit of a problem keeping the horse's head curved along the edge of the circle, but the circles were there. And Charm keeps walking through it all. She is awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, Matt, we'll do a better job with the mounting process next week -- Dada always changes the mix to keep us confused!! You're right -- awesome accomplishment with circles etc. with the newly "sour", cranky, but very beautiful, Miss Charm!! Kate