Monday, July 03, 2006

So long, lucky Charm

It looks as if my dalliance with Charm won't even be a summer love. Today, Dada said I would rotate on Charm and on Bella for the rest of the summer and concentrate on my riding skills. I was OK with that, although I really liked riding Charm with her sprightly step. But then I rode her. Or tried to. She wouldn't walk hardly at all. Dada was leading her and she was still not walking rhythmically. Finally Dada got out a little whip, or I guess a riding crop. To me, it looked like those back-scratchers with the hand on one end of a 15-inch stick. Even with the back-scratcher we could not keep her going. Dada said part of the problem is that she is old-ish and is popular in the stable. So she gets used a lot. I felt guilty sitting on her. Then Dada said say your goodbyes to her and I got off. Back to Bella.

No comments: