Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Stress or something

I have spent the last 20 minutes looking through old photos to figure out where I used to put my hands. Dada said my trunk was swaying and I looked exhausted. She suggested it was stress, and she may be right. I know I have some stress in my life, but I felt pretty good.

I loved having the dressage letters out. It really makes me know where to ride. I thought I ride some decent circles and a good figure eight.

But my trunk was swaying. Part of the problem is that I need rubber bands to keep my feet in the stirrups. The left one came out today.

My hands, though, are the real problem. I wind up leaning forward on them. The set-up we have now has me holding straps for extra balance help. But there is to much leeway in the straps so I sway. I need something right at the top of the saddle that would encourage me to sit back.

Oh well. Maybe it is stress. I am going to take the winter off and see how I feel after that.

No comments: