Saturday, January 20, 2007

Louie louie

We had our first board meeting this morning. It was good. Everyone on the board and the volunteers seems so enthusiastic and full of ideas. well, everyone but me.

Afterward was even better. We went to Spirit so I could meet the new horse, the one I'll be riding SOON.

Louie was great, even if he did bite me. I was trying to feed him carrots but I have problems opening my hand completely and when I did the carrot would fall off. Louie got tired of waiting for me to get it right and started scrounging around. He decided the back of my glove look good enough to eat and so he tried.

I was in a part of the field the horses don't go but of course Claren found the one little pile of poop to eat. But back to Louie.

He didn't look too tall or big, but he is very wide. Kate said he is so comfortable to ride and is very mannerly. What I noticed mostly is how hairy he was. It wasn't ugly or messy, and as it was about 30 degrees out and windy, I certainly did not begrudge him his coat. In fact, I was jealous.

We are still on track to start riding in a few weeks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Matt!! Oh, I feel so grateful that you didn't share the rest of the day's outing!! Claren in, you out! All of us freezing!! But getting some extra time to "catch up" -- especially with your dad!!

Oh, and I'm jealous of Louie's coat too -- he was happy and his usual very social self when I went to the field this morning -- hairy and happy!!

And I see a big light at the end of the riding tunnel -- for you and Louie, Louie!! Love, Kate