Monday, August 28, 2006

SWM ISO horse, but nothing weird

Dada has a new idea to get me riding more -- we get me a horse.

Well, sort of.

Dada wants to find a good dressage horse that someone will donate to Lift Me Up for use exclusively in para-Equestrian riding. She said she would take care of the board and I could ride whenever I wanted. So I guess could any para-Equestrian rider. I am the only one at the moment, though.

How awesome would that be?

We would need a wide horse like a Morgan or Shire horse. This horse would be better than Bella or Charm because they are used to being therapy horses and being led. So, Dada says, Charm and Bella are used to ignoring the rider. But I need them to pay attention to me.

So if you want to donate a good dressage horse, please let me know.

The lesson was OK. I was a little out of rhythm because I hadn’t ridden for two weeks and Bella was a little put off by the weather but I didn’t fall. I had trouble walking Bella next to the wall, which is where horses are supposed to be in dressage. She is always looking to Dada; maybe a para-Equestrian horse would not do that. Probably, though, all horses are Dada friends.

No comments: