Sunday, December 31, 2006

Spirit has a home

Dada found an unused pasture and the owner was happy to have a horse and little riding program there. It's a temporary home and pretty rustic, but it is a great start. Dada says she hopes I can start riding in about a month. How exciting!

Spirit seems like a wonderful horse. I fed her a few carrots, and when Dada opened the gate into the pasture she took off into it. She looked so amazing. She reminded me how much I miss riding. I won't even complain about having to ride outside in February, I promise.

Claren, my service dog, really liked the pasture, too. It is well-enclosed, so she can run free in it. Unfortunately, she decided eating horse poop was more fun than running free, so I need to work on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Matt!! Nice!! Last night when I went to feed Miss Spirit she continued her new pattern of eating her grain very suspiciously from the corner of her stall!! She casts her eyes up very clandestinely to see if I'm in her vision for fear that I will dash over and shut the gate -- keeping her from that great, green, lush world outside her paaddock!! So much for trust!

Oh, Claren, and my spotted canine, Daisy, have something in common -- so far Daisy has only indulged in the endelss supply of cat delicacies from our 4 cats -- I expect she would win a race with Claren in cleaning up that field!!
Oh, and I've got to get a new memory card so I can capture you and Spirit this winter!! Love, Kate