Monday, October 16, 2006

Dressage Broadway-style

Wow, today was really great. There’s that song in My Fair Lady that Audrey Hepburn’s character sings “I could have danced all night.” I felt like I could have ridden all night. And just because I am quoting Broadway does not make me less manly.

Dada agreed with me that we could get a written test so I would not have to concentrate on hearing. So I made a test up last night. And today I rode it.

I did forget the serpentine at the end but otherwise it went pretty well. When I do a figure 8 my circles are pretty thin., so I need to work on that.

But it didn’t matter. The people watching clapped, and I did it a second time and they clapped again. It felt really good. Charm was generally real responsive to me. She walked great and when she slowed down I was able to get her going again.

The lesson wasn’t all about riding. Lift Me Up is letting Dada adopt Charm. So we have a horse! But now we need a stable and ring because she can’t stay at Lift Me Up. I can’t decide if this is a step forward or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, The William and Simone McCauley Memorial Stables.

Matt said...

I know! Mom says Falls Church wouldn't go for it. Nerds!