Saturday, December 15, 2007

Tidings of comfort and dressage

No lesson today, but I did ride a little in SPIRIT's first holiday party. It was pretty fun.

I rode last with one little girl, who Dada hopes will soon be riding dressage. Not that it is a competition, but she'll be better than me no doubt.

The best part was that I rode totally alone for part of the ride. Dada led me into the ring and then away I went while she stayed at one end of the ring. I think I did two or three rotations around the ring before Dada started walking with me again.

That time with just T was precious. It was just us, and she kept moving, and I remembered to keep squeezing my legs. I will ask Dada if we can do that more often when I ride next.

I also tried to smile, not that I really have to worry about looking cute because I am adorable. But I watched a local ice skating program last week and the one I liked best was the performer who looked like she was having the most fun.

The other cool thing about the ride today was that the little girl and I rode up the center line next to each other and then turned opposite directions at the wall. Best of all, it worked and we looked like we knew what we were doing!

Happy holidays!

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Oh Matt how awesome is that!! You riding alone with T. I talked with Whitney yesterday afternoon and she told me that. I was so impressed. I know what a big step that is for you, and how proud it must have made you feel. I wish I could have been there to see you.

Not sure if we are coming up for Christmas or not.....grrrrr. If we come up, I'll let you know. Have a wonderful Christmas and stay warm. Miss you mucho!! Lynne

Matt said...

Thanks, Lynne, we missed you there. It was a good day. It reminded me of the shows when I get to ride alone with my horse, which always feels fun. Whitney even told me she is less nervous seeing me up there alone.

I'll try to stay warm. Claren likes walking in this weather, though, so I don't know if I'll succeed.

Anonymous said...

looking like you know what you're doing is important. you rock matt!!

Matt said...

Thanks, dude.