Saturday, November 24, 2007

My manhood survives trotting intact, slightly squished

Today was a good ride, even if we could not find the reins extensions that enable me hold the reins easier.

What Dada did was string the one extension across T's neck between the two reins. It was perpendicular to the reins, and I held just that. It worked quite well, except when I turned could not pull the reins toward me. I had to pull them down.

Kate was with us today after missing last week. She reminded me to look forward so I did a little. I think that helped a lot with the circles I rode. I have a tendency to cut them short, not sure why, but the last ones we rode were good.

Dada reminded me to use my legs, which I did remember a lot but forgot when I was making circles.

We also did a fair bit of trotting, more than usual anyway. It felt pretty good and I did sit straight throughout it. I don't post so the bouncing up and down on the saddle was a little, well, uncomfortable.

I even did a tiny bit of unsupported trotting. Dada wanted me to be able to stop a trotting T, so she got her to trot and had me stop her after a few steps. I did it fine, but I was so tempted to let the "few steps" last longer and longer. Manhood be damned; trotting i fun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Matt, you just made me burst out laughing!! And I love to laugh!! So thanks!!

And while I knew Dada wanted you to practice stopping Infinity at the trot, I wanted you to trot farther too! You were really on a roll!! Hope your mom captured it on film!

Your "title" is still making me laugh! A few weeks ago I took two of my sons to Aldie to ride -- neither had ever been on a horse -- we managed to trot, and Dylan has never been the same again!! He looked a little shell shocked when I looked back at him (we were riding in a row)..."no pain, no gain", right?? haha KAte (oh, you were looking up in the pix!!!!)

Matt said...

I feel for Dylan, but how did cowboys survive? That is what I want to know.